Nicholas Ninow abandoned his bail application and the state asked for postponement for further investigations
The man accused of allegedly raping a 7-year old at a Dros restaurant in Silverton, Pretoria will appear at the city’s magistrate’s court on Thursday morning. It’s been reported that 20 year old Nicholas Ninow allegedly followed the child from the play area and took her to the toilet, where he allegedly sexually assaulted her.
He has been provisionally charged with rape, possession of drugs, assault with intent to do bodily harm and intimidation.
During his second appearance, Ninow abandoned his bail application and the State asked for postponement for further investigations.
He told the court that he was assaulted and suffered numerous injuries that were not recorded at the first appearance last week. Ninow alleges that police forced him to do push-ups, kicked him and assaulted him with open hands.
The accused said he suffered an injury on his right and left earlobes, where he needed at least four stitches. It is expected state and defence will set the date for the commencement of trial.